TEXAS DIRECTORS OF FIELD EXPERIENCES
The purpose of the TDFE is to provide:
- a forum for sharing ideas and common concerns among the directors of educational field experiences in the colleges and universities of the State of Texas
- an organizational framework for cooperative action toward improving the quality of educational field experiences by interacting with various organizations, institutions, and agencies; and
- a communication network through which members may act quickly and in concert on issues relating to educational field experiences.
Membership is composed of those individuals in public and private educational institutions in the State of Texas who are responsible for administration and coordination of the program of educational field experiences in their respective institutions and who pay the annual dues assessed by the organization.
The TDFE membership term is October 1 to September 30. Dues from qualifying individuals of $20.00 can be submitted to the Treasurer at any time. For Membership information, email Diane Graham.
- TDFE Student Teacher of the Year Application (PDF)
- TDFE Constitution and Bylaws (PDF)
- TDFE Membership Information Form (PDF)
Submit 2013-2014 Application Materials, no later than May 31, 2014, to:
Dr. Elda Martinez
Director of Teacher Education
University of the Incarnate Word
4301 Broadway, CPO #293
San Antonio, Texas 78209
The National Field Directors Forum is an Affiliated Unit of the Association of Teacher Educators.
The National Field Directors Forum (NFDF) is dedicated to developing quality field experiences, student teaching, and internships assignments. Membership is comprised of educators who have administrative responsibilities in this area without regard to title, rank, or size of program. The Forum provides leadership in the area of professional field experiences.
CSOTTE 2014 Fall Conference
October 19-21, 2014 - Austin: Sheraton Austin at the Capital
- TDFE Presidents
- TDFE Student Teachers of the Year
- 2013 - Cristian Driver - LaTourneau University (8-12)
- 2013 - Courtney Porter - Texas A&M University (EC-6)
- 2013 - Amanda Schulte - Sam Houston State University (4-8)
- 2012 - Lauren Solis - Lamar University (ECE-6)
- 2012 - Delora Gomez - University of Houston at Clear Lake (ECE-6)
- 2012 - Bridget Byers - Texas A& M Texarkana (ECE-6)
- 2011 - Maegan Admire - Sam Houston State University
- 2010 - Martina Dozier - Sam Houston State University
- 2010 - Matthew Bradley - LeTourneau University
- TDFE Student Teacher of the Year - former winners
- TDFE Student Teacher of the Year Committee Members
2011-2012 Outstanding Student Teacher of Texas–
Committee Chair: Dr. Elda Martinez - University of the Incarnate Word
Texas Directors of Field Experiences
TERM OF MEMBERSHIP
In October 2002, TDFE voted to align the organization’s fiscal year to that of CSOTTE (October to October). Membership in TDFE is from October to October.
TERM OF OFFICE
The nominating committee presents a slate of nominees at the fall meeting (even numbered years). Officers are elected at that meeting, and the terms of their office commence at the next June Brown Bag meeting (odd-numbered years).